Sleevelessness is a blog about graphic design, digital music and the web

Friday 20 June 2008

Two design graduates to watch


Swan poster from Look What You've Got

Last night I went to Dialogue, the LCC (London College of Communications) Graphic and Media Design degree show. The work of two graduates particularly caught my eye.

Look What You’ve Got, is described by designers Shaz Madani and Billy Woods as “a celebration of everyday objects we have falled out of love with”. The project featured a collection of household items which had seen better days, and a series of beautifully made posters encouraging the viewer to take a second look at these items in a new light. Unlike many of the show’s exhibits the project was accompanied by a helpful booklet allowing outsiders such as myself with no knowledge of the brief to understand what was actually going on.

I also saw some excellent typographic posters by Niccy Kemp. Unfortunately Niccy’s site is all Flash so I can’t deep link to the posters (or extract a decent image to post here), so you’ll have to visit her site and click on My Work > Monsoon Trust to check out the goods.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Phil,

Can i just add that 'Look What You've Got' is a collaborative project with Billy Woods.
His site is not up yet- but watch this space...

http://www.billywoods.co.uk/

Shaz Madani

Phil said...

Thanks for letting me know Shaz. I've amended the post accordingly...

Newer Post Older Post Home