Sleevelessness is a blog about graphic design, digital music and the web

Tuesday 2 September 2008

It’s the end
of The End

I just found out from my friend Richard Hewitt than London’s legendary venue The End is due to close it’s doors in January after 13 years of top-notch dance floor action.

I've got a personal attachment to the club as I've spent many late nights over the last five years making interactive flyers for my long standing client Sancho Panza’s regular night at the venue’s AKA bar. I’ve also spent many late nights / early mornings in the club itself.

Looking back over the flyers in a misty-eyed sort of way, my favourites are:

Screenshot from the All Night Long 2004 e-flyer
The big long street that took a whole year to make

Screenshot from the Olmeto Records June 2006 e-flyer
The one with the lighter

Screenshot from the Olmeto Records February 2006 e-flyer
The one with the stop motion electronic man

Screenshot from the Olmeto Records October 2006 e-flyer
The one which loads random 70s photos from Flickr that I made while on my holidays in Bermuda

Screenshot from the Sancho Panza AKA February 2008 e-flyer
The one where the users helped to brighten up London

Screenshot from the Olmeto Records April 2006 e-flyer
The one where you could play along with the music on a drum

I'll miss The End & AKA dearly but it’s not the last of my work for Sancho Panza. We’re currently working hard on a brand new website which will be launching later this year.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home