Sleevelessness is a blog about graphic design, digital music and the web

Wednesday 19 March 2008

Interactive music videos – the world’s smallest genre of media?

I had intended to write a post about interactive music videos – but guess what? There are hardly any. In fact I managed to find around five, of which “Black Mirror” by Arcade Fire was the clear winner. This and Rektor's Princess (2003) were the only ones which kept me engaged throughout the length of the track. Arcade Fire's other contribution to the world's smallest genre had a certain charm but ultimately became very dull very fast.

While searching through a thread of comments on Digg I found this quote from a user called “bitcloud”:

“I'm pretty sure there's a reason the rift between interactive and passive media exists - too passive to be interesting, and too active to be passive...”

Is this true or have we just not cracked the interactive music promo yet?

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home